Monday, September 26, 2011

Vintage Vantage Point

I’m Liz and I’m a Madmen-aholic.  It’s true.  I love some Roger Sterling and Don Draper.  Better yet, I love eyeing the set design for the show.  Set in the 60’s- one of my favorite eras for fashion and furniture- the homes and offices used for the show are so eye-catching.  Sleek, low-profiled sofas.  Sprinkling in metal and glass furniture to modernize a room.  Clean lines and silhouettes.

I think this period is my favorite because everything fit well.  We weren’t wearing baggy clothes OR bustles under our skirts.  A woman’s feet would touch the floor when she sat in a chair, as opposed to the overstuffed and incredibly deep seats abundantly available now.  Tailoring is classic and beautiful and the 60s were full of tailored pieces.  Here are a few things from that decade that I find inspiring:
Portrait Collars

















Streamlined furniture














Picture Windows

No comments:

Post a Comment