Tuesday, January 22, 2019

2019 Trends- Florals


Florals are HUGE right now…literally and figuratively.  Floral patterns are popping up in everything from apparel to home decor.  The most popular florals seem to be the bold, oversized options- the antithesis of the Laura Ashley florals from the 90s. Definitely a statement pattern.


Watercolor black and red floral pillows make a statement on this sectional.
photo: PDR Interiors

I am not personally a floral person when it comes to my clothes. I can admire and appreciate floral apparel on other people, I just think I don’t look very good in them.  I prefer to stick to my striped and solid clothing. I incorporate flowers a bit more in my home- the pillow shams for my bedding, a subtle tone on tone floral pattern covering my sunroom sofa-but I am cautious with them.  This is my personal taste which may be entirely different from yours.  When a client wants to use florals, I have a great time working the pattern into the plans for their space.  In fact, PDR is a deal for a company synonymous with iconic floral designs- Dorothy Draper Company.  That’s the beauty of my job- I can appreciate something without having to use it in my own life.


Bold florals can make a furniture piece pop!
photo: PDR Interiors
Dorothy Draper Company


If you weren’t keen on last week’s post about geometrics, this pattern is probably more your speed.  Here are the perks we see of florals in your home-
-Floral patterns are a great choice to break up a space that has a lot of solids or linear patterns- read: masculine.
-You get a floral, you get a floral, you get a floral! There is a floral for every kind of design style.  The options are endless in flower patterns when it comes to color saturation and type of pattern (dainty and small, large and bold, frilly and feminine).  I'm positive you could find one to suit your preferences.
-They make people happy. Florals evoke a feeling of springtime, a season everyone loves after being cooped up all winter.
Ballard Designs
Thibaut fabric

As with all pattern options, there are some drawbacks-
-Florals can make a room feel overly feminine if you aren't careful.
-This pattern can feel very trendy and quickly date a room.  Choose wisely when you incorporate a floral pattern into your home.
-Some floral patterns are busy and they may not be the right fit for your home,
Thibaut wallpaper

Are you team floral??





7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. If you are looking for best interior design companies in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. These 2019 floral trends are amazing. Thank you for your help in making me decide which trend to follow this year as I have been crazy confuse about it from the very start of January

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This floral design is nice and for me it gives a good vibes and lively ambience to a house. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Very nice Blog Post! Your site has given the best information. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. If you are looking for best interiors in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete