Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sass and Class: Introducing Guest Blogger Halie!


Hi!  I’m Halie, an aspiring designer and a Polka Dots & Rosebuds Interiors assistant.  I’ll be guest blogging for the company from time to time, so I thought I’d tell you a bit about myself:

I am currently finishing my degree in Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles at the University of Kentucky, and I recently completed a summer internship at Polka Dots & Rosebuds.  Because design is my passion, I couldn’t ask for a better hands-on experience than working with owner Liz Toombs and her team.   

I am an ambitious twenty-year old who is all about some southern sass and class. I’ve been sewing and creating things since I can remember, and I can’t see myself doing anything else for the rest of my life other than making things beautiful and more enjoyable for those around me. I am a true DIYer; I absolutely adore putting a little elbow grease into a forgotten piece and giving it a new life.


I’ve only just begun my career in the design industry, but in the small amount of time I’ve spent working for Polka Dots and Rosebuds, I have already gained an incredible amount of knowledge, and as I gain more insights, I’m looking forward to sharing them with you.  One thing in particular that I can already share:   There is nothing better than seeing design ideas come to life and have a positive effect on others!

No comments:

Post a Comment