Monday, May 7, 2012

Derby 138 Fashion and Fun


Some days my life seems like it comes straight from a fairytale.  Saturday, May 5th was definitely one of those days.  It was my fifth time at the KY Derby but never had I experienced this way.  My husband and I along with two of our best friends had the pleasure of spending the day in a finish line suite as a guest of a sweet client who I have grown very close to over the past two years.  I couldn’t have asked for a cooler early birthday present!

If you know me, you know I am an avid people-watcher.  I love admiring others' clothing and watching the crazy shenanigans people get into at major events.  Kentucky Derby 138 did not disappoint!  The hats were big and beautiful and the people were entertaining.  We looked on as Aaron Rodgers, QB for the Green Bay Packers, was interviewed. 

Watched the UK basketball team get interviewed on the red carpet (and later come up to our floor of suites).  

My pal, Amber and I, were ecstatic to pick out big hats to don for the day.  We proudly wore them until the bus ride home.
  
Some of our favorite hats we saw on other people happened to be on the balcony right below ours.  The colors this year were gorgeous!  Coral, chartreuse, cobalt blue and deep purple.  

I was hoping for a Nick Lachey sighting, but no such luck.  Hubs and I had a great time and capped the day off by getting a photo with the twin spires that Churchill Downs is known for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment