Monday, April 30, 2012

Fashion Guest Blogger: Amber Philpott, WKYT News Anchor


Amber Philpott, anchor for WKYT shares some great advice for what to wear on and off camera.  Enjoy!


I find it comical that I am writing a blog entry on fashion, I often tell people it’s funny that I work in a business where hair, makeup and clothes matter because I seem to not know a lot about any of them.  I have never been a fashionista, one who keeps up with the latest trends and fads.  What I do know is that I like what I see.  In fact this time of year is very hard for me because the weather can still feel like winter, but all of those great summer looks are calling my name as I walk through the mall.  

I think style and personal fashion should not be about trends and fads, rather what makes you comfortable and beautiful.  I am quite conservative in how I shop and what I choose; I am the type of girl who would wear pearls every single day if she could.  Pearls are timeless, classic and can be casual or dressy!

For this entry though I wanted you to have some expert advice from a woman who I rely on to help me look the best I can each and every day on WKYT.  We have an image consultant that helps us determine the right look in terms of clothing, color choice, makeup and even hairstyle.  For someone like myself I truly appreciate the help that she provides me, it means I don’t have to study magazines to figure out what I should look like.

Our consultant is Sherry Ailor with Focus Image Consulting, when I asked her what the hottest trend for spring is this year, she said Yellow!  Here is her advice for all of us out there that are a little fashion clueless!

"Yellow is a great color for every stylish woman and fashion Diva to invite into their wardrobe this spring and summer. Consider a great piece of clothing in a yellow shade or tone that flatters your skin tone, eyes and hair. Or, a yellow accessory such as a great piece of jewelry, a scarf, a belt, shoes or purse would be a great addition too. It is all out there just waiting for the right person to incorporate it into their wardrobe.

Yellow is not only an on trend color for spring it's actually the color of happiness, and optimism, of enlightenment and creativity, sunshine and spring. In almost every culture yellow represents sunshine, happiness, and warmth. This alone is good reason to add a little yellow to your fashionable life."

Sherry also says it’s “Game On,” when it comes to a popular spring trend this year.  She says sports and fitness are not only influencing our health, but now it is becoming part of our wardrobe.  Sherry says this spring you will find sporting designs that are wearable, but also allow you to show off all of the hard work that you have been putting in at the gym everyday!  She says taking care of your body and soul is very important and finding that right outfit for this spring might just help you feel even better about yourself.  

 Happy Shopping!
-Amber

Amber Philpott is an award-winning news anchor with WKYT. She is living her dream as a television news journalist, she proudly brings the news to Central and Eastern Kentucky each night as co-anchor of the 5, 5:30, 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts.  www.wkyt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment