Thursday, October 22, 2009

Decorating Journey...



I thought I would give you a break from the holiday decorating discussion and give you a glimpse into my world.  I try to keep my personal life out of my blog because there is nothing fascinating about me and I don't want to bore you with my mundane day- to- day.  However, I feel like my current situation has the opportunity to be a GREAT illustration of how to implement the tips that I share with you.  I mean, what kind of decorator would I be, if I didn't follow my own advice??!

My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a new condo and we were lucky to find a place that suits our needs and does not require anything but minor cosmetic work.  So, naturally I immediately began the planning for the new space- selecting paint colors, doing a space plan, the list goes on and on!  And my thought was-how great would it be to share with my readers my journey through the redesign process?!   I am just like you and will be doing all of the things I recommend for you to do (working in phases, starting with a budget, and making sure that the space meets our personal tastes and lifestyle).

Each week I will discuss a different aspect of our first phase which will include everything from drywall repair and painting to reworking or bringing in new furniture and area rugs.  Since I am a firm believer in promoting those who do good work for you, I will even highlight some AMAZING local vendors along the way :) I truly hope you enjoy reading my chronicles of this decorating journey and that you are able to find a tidbit of decorating advice that you can apply to your own space!

Please become a follower and spread the word to your friends and family.  Leave me comments along the way to let me know your thoughts, because I love getting feedback (I started this business and have been successful thus far because I listened to YOU and I don't plan on stopping now)!

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment