Creating the perfect fall wreath can be a little overwhelming at times, especially when deciding what materials you are going to need. Fall is a great time to create a wreath for your front door! So we wanted to make your crafting a little less stressful by giving you some tips that will help you create a wreath you can use again and again.
Here are 5 tips to creating the perfect fall wreath!
1. Have a wreath making kit. There are some tools that are essential for making a wreath. Having a small kit with these all these items in it will help make it easier when you start to make your wreath. Three important items that need to be in this kit are floral wire, craft glue, and wire cutters. Over time you can add to this kit but just for starter these 3 items will help ensure you have everything you need.
2. Pick a theme. Picking a theme is the most important step when making your wreath. It is important to establish a theme so the wreath looks cohesive and not like random embellishments were placed all over. The first thing to think about is the color scheme you want to use, since it is fall I would recommend using oranges, reds, and yellows. You could also use the color of your favorite football team or other fall sport. You’ll want to make sure that the embellishments you select coordinate with the theme as well. A great example is if you choose to do a sports them wreath, adding footballs or the teams logo would be a great idea for the embellishments. Keeping all these things in mind will help you make a wreath that flow perfectly together.
3. Make it your own. The wreath you hang on the front door will be the first thing people will see when visiting your home. Having a wreath that reflects who you are is important for creating the perfect wreath. You’ll want to select colors and embellishments that you love. For example, flowers, bows, wooden letters, garland, or anything that goes with the theme you’ve chosen.
4. Tutorials on how to tie a bow! Tying a bow can be difficult for some of us who don’t have much experience when it comes to tying bows. Now that we have the world at our finger tips, and I mean literally because we have the internet, learning how to tie a bow has never been easier. Usually wreaths have focal points; bows look really nice and can go with almost any theme you choose.
5. Best way to hang your wreath. Hanging wreaths can be difficult. Wreath hangers sometimes don’t allow for the door to close and putting nails in the can cause serious damage if not done properly. After a bit a research we’ve discovered the 3M hooks actually do the trick without damaging the door. These hooks can be purchased almost anywhere and can be painted to match whatever color your door is.