Monday, October 10, 2011

Southern-ize It!

On a call with a new client the other day she said to me, “All my friends have these beautiful Southern homes.  I just don’t know how to do that. Can you help me?”  I knew exactly what she was referring to- a sense of warmth and beauty that overtakes you as soon as you walk in the door.  It’s hard to put your finger on and everyone views it a little differently.  What does having a Southern home mean to you?? 

When I think Southern, I think about the symbol of the pineapple, delicious smells of homemade meals wafting out of the kitchen, and furniture pieces with a story. I also think of Southern hospitality and how a home should support that.  A Southern home should feel complete but not overdone. Be beautiful but not stuffy.  It should envelope you while within its walls, but not suffocate you.  A Southern home should be just like a Southern woman- perfectly put together while making it look effortless.   

So that is the mission I am charged with for my client: Southern-izing her home.  We are beginning to tackle the house room by room until we have that effortless, inviting space she wants to show off to her friends.  
Does your home evoke your idea of Southern? If so, cheers to you! If not, happy Southern-izing!

No comments:

Post a Comment