Thursday, May 10, 2012

Misconceptions


Since Tuesday, my company- Polka Dots & Rosebuds Interiors- has been the featured deal on Living Social for the Lexington area. When I was first approached about participating, I was leery. I've worked very hard to construct a business model that doesn't include discounts or sales because I feel that attracts the wrong kind of attention. Attention from buyers who otherwise would never consider my services or products. My assumption about Living Social was that is exactly what they did- deeply discounted services and products to create a rush of business that cannot be sustained. After careful consideration and research into the Living Social brand and their subscribers, I changed my mind.  I rectified my misconceptions and came to understand the idea behind Living Social was to create an experience for their loyal followers and a strong customer base for their featured vendors. Now that, I loved.

Since there had been no interior decorating deals run through their company in this area before, it required much thought and discussion before coming up with an experience that suited. Luckily we had some pointers from other markets that had success with interior decorating offers. Ultimately, my goal was to create a situation where people who have been mulling over updating a space for months or even years could realize firsthand how helpful interior decorating services can be. Those people can purchase the deal and no longer dream about a new space, but instead watch it come to life with their input and my guidance. I can't tell you how many times I've heard from people that they were scared to hire someone to help design their space because they didn't know if the end product would reflect them. Others thought it would cost a fortune to call in a decorator for their project.  Once they went through the process with me, they realized their previous thoughts were merely misconceptions. My website and Facebook business page are littered with these types of testimonials. My hope is this Living Social experience will prompt others to call out their own misconceptions and try getting decorating help. 

If you are considering a makeover project to your home or office, take advantage of this deal while it's available. Would you share it with two friends, too? The experience won't be offered after today.

Keep in mind, while this offer covers consultation and custom furniture, we offer so much more. Here is the link to our website for all the information: www.polkadotsandrosebuds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment